Thursday 16 January 2014

A new Chapter

I never did blog about my last week or so in Germany, it was even fairly eventful. I went to a concert, went swimming, went ice skating and took part in the band's Christmas concert (turns out this is a big event) I made a new friend and got to know some of the band members..

But then I left

for stormy England. I left the beautiful mountains lit up by the Alpine sun, and returned to storm upon storm upon storm! Trotzdem there is no place I'd rather be for Christmas and I had a wonderful time seeing almost all the extended family during Christmas week.

Before long it was time to pack my bags (or rather all my worldly possessions) and head off to pastures new(castle). Moved up and moved in, now my job starts on Monday, and I suspect my life will become a little less interesting to blog about, so I've had a new idea...

INTRODUCING: (drum roll please)

CHARITY BOOKS! (ideas for a better name welcome)

So my idea is that I will get a book from a charity shop, read it and when I've finished review it and the charity I got the book from and go get a new book.

But why?
So my thinking is this

  1. It will give me incentive to read more
  2. It will make me read random books, that I otherwise would never have come across
  3. It might give other people ideas as to what to read (I will keep books for a little bit and if anyone wants it I'll post it on the condition the cost of the postage is donated to charity)
  4. It'll make me give to charity
  5. I'll be raising awareness of various charities and what they do
I'll do this for a year and see how it goes, I hope it provides vaguely interesting procrastination material. Any feedback welcome, or if you've got an author you think I should look for let me know (specific books are too specific)

1 comment:

  1. haha I love charity shops! :) Can I suggest for the name:
    Benefaction Books, Relief Reads, Philanthropy Paper-backs, Philantrhopy Pages, Chapters for Contribution...

    Ok, maybe I have gone alliteration mad...
    Edd :)

    ReplyDelete